Making perhaps, one of the biggest viral marketing coups in the nascent wine social mediasphere, Murphy-Goode Winery in Healdsburg has blown up the interwebs with its A Really Goode Job search and marketing campaign. The basics are these:
– Live near the property in northern Sonoma Valley, right off the square in Healdsburg in a furnished private home.
– Work by using all means of social media to promote Murphy-Goode and its wine and the whole of Sonoma County with the provided camera video camera, handheld device and/or smartphone. You’ll “need” to taste hundreds of wines for free and eat all over the Valley, as well…shucks.
– Get paid 10K/month for a 6 month contract.
– Flexible working hours (though I imagine you’d WANT to be “always on”).
– Learn all that you can from the winemaker David Ready Jr. and the rest of the staff at Murphy-Goode about their winemaking and vineyard practices.
– Work with David to create a special wine to commemorate your time there!
Holy crap, *I’d* love this job, but I’m afraid that I am unable to apply. What’s the next best thing, however? It’s voting for my personal favorite and one that you should vote for too!
I met Hardy Wallace (Twitter) of Dirty South Wine and now Goode to be First on Twitter last year and then had a blast hanging out with him and learning from him at last year’s WBC. He’s extremely knowledgeable about wine, can deliver in a very accessible manner to both millennials as well as older peeps and is just plain fun to be with as well as quite charismatic. Evidence of his social media skills are present all over the web, in tons of blogs and all over Twitter and Facebook, and even Blip.fm! He’s currently in a solid second in the public voting at the website!
With all that said, I say…VOTE FOR DIRTY!!
May 18, 2009
Vote cast. He’s got more personality than the rest combined.
May 19, 2009
[…] and twitterati Winebratsf, Sonadora, Catie, Brixchick_liza, drXeNo and WBC King Pin Joel Vincent have set up a WBC Scholarship website and have encouraged anyone who […]
May 23, 2009
Ward, I forgot to compliment you on your clever blog title. Nice title.
May 23, 2009
Heh, heh thanks Jason! And I think that Hardy/Dirty is rather pleased and thankful for our support!
June 2, 2009
The Murphy-Goode job does sound pretty sweet, no?
Hardy certainly got the lead out quickly, but with two weeks left in the submission process, I’m curious to see what other great gems are out there being edited right now.
I’ll vote for Hardy right after voting for myself! 🙂 Video was uploaded on Sunday, but ’tis not up at the AReallyGoodeJob.com site just yet…I wonder if they’re swamped.
Good to meet you, Ward!
Comments are closed.